My Re-Introduction to the Blogging World

Hello Blog Readers,

 So I will admit, I have not done this in a while. I haven't written a blog post since 2010. Even now I have found my old blog and yikes! The things we thought were cool at fifteen. *smh*

 Now that I have shaken all those old thought out of my mind, I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Beth; I am 23. I am a hairdresser, and I love my job. I love making people feel beautiful. I am sure my need to help people feel like the best versions of themselves has a lot to do with my own unnatural need for self love, but that is a blog post for a different time. Anyway, I love my job. So if you enjoy reading about hair and beauty and fashion-keep this blog open. Because you will be reading a lot about it. I love the science behind it; I love formulating colors and watching exactly where the hair will land when I cut it. I love watching A + B = C. I love how much my career is not a job. I love that I wake up excited to go to work every day. However, it's not just the physical doing of my job that I love. I have the most amazing clients; a fantastic boss; and co-workers that I consider my family. I want them to succeed as much as I want me to succeed. I like seeing them happy; I love seeing their beautiful work; and I love seeing them succeed. I mean, I do work with a group of women. So don't get me wrong. Some days working with them is rough. But overall, I have more good days then bad.

 I am also a cat mom. You will hear and see a lot of my Fefi. She is a sassy thirteen year old Maine coon. Elegant, Beautiful, shaved like a lion...she also has an attitude like no other. Her and my boyfriend Thaddeus have a serious love hate relationship. He chases her with the vacuum, she hisses at him. Then they are cuddling fifteen minutes later and she is in full purr mode and he's telling her how pretty she is.

 I am also very health conscious..well I try to be. I use to be vegan for a very long time, but I just was not getting the nutrition I needed. I only went vegan for my health-and it was no longer right for my body. So I fell off the rock a little bit. My grandma passed away a couple years ago-she was my everything, basically raised me; and when that happened I kinda let myself go. I started eating meat again, stopped going to the gym. I ended up gaining thirty pounds. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until last summer. So over the last six months I have managed to loose ten pounds. Which means I still have another twenty to go. So this blog will be a lot about my weight loss journey, the products I am using, the routines I am doing, and the food I am eating. And how everything I am doing is affecting my body and my life.

 I love to travel.Over the past year I have really expanded my traveling pallet. I went to the Bahamas; the Dominican Republic; Turks and Caicos; Half Moon Cay; Tulum, Mexico; and Roatan, Hondurans. Aside from traveling outside the country, I also did quite a bit in. I got to take a girls trip to Saint Louis, MO. I got to really start to explore and appreciate my home city of Chicago. I have gone on hiking trips throughout Indiana and Illinois. I've flown, taken the train, and even went on a cruise. I got to explore a lot and I really feel like it has a lot to do with the person I am.

 Lastly, I have my relationship with my Thaddeus. Thaddeus has been my boyfriend and outstanding companion for what will be eight years in February 2019. He is my rock, my biggest supporter, and a huge influence in my life. I can honestly say that I believe he is my true love, my soul mate. If you believe in that sort of thing. He not only stands up for me, but stands up to me. He challenges me, will tell me when something is not right in his opinion. He and I are complete opposites. We are like two different sides of the mirror. He is calm and thinks things through thoroughly. I feel what is in my heart and just go for it. I am impulsive and want to do things like jump off a cliff while he is looking for the stairs(this actually happened by the way). But somewhere in all of that we compliment each other. He reminds me when to slow down-and I remind him when it is a good time to take a risk. He makes me want to be a better person. And I love him.

 So Moral of the Story: I am ready to join the blogging world again. Hi, My name is Beth. My blog will be about my life. It will be about all things beauty from hair to skin. It will be about my fitness journey. It will be about my travels. It will be about my Thaddeus, my Fefi, and my family. This blog is about me and my life.

 Thanks for listening

 Love,

 Beth. xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One