Week One

So this week I started my fitness challenge; which is a serious challenge for me. But I am determined to get myself together. So this challenge contains a few things. 90 day workout program, a 90 day health food program, and a 28 day detox. I also want to find a group of women who are in the same boat that I am. I would love to have a small support system-a group of people who truly understand what I am going through.

I decided that I wanted to do this for a number of reasons. For starters, I weighed in today at 157.5 lb. That's right, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SEVEN point FIVE POUNDS.
I am sure for some people that doesn't seem like a big number. But for me it is. I just don't feel good. I don't feel healthy or sexy or strong. I am overwhelmed all the time, and have little to no energy and I know it has a lot to do with my weight. I try not to take photos of my whole body because its not good to look at. I feel like I am loosing a lot of my confidence. I don't feel myself anymore.


So First: The 90 Day workout plan. I sat down with my Thaddeus ( those of you who do not know, he is a total gym rat) and we discussed what I could be doing to better and change up my routine at the gym. I also have to mention that what may work for me, may not work for you. Every body is different and will respond to different things. First thing is first, I need to add A LOT more Cardio into my workout routine. Right now I am strong, I know that I am strong. But all I am doing right now is lifting four days a week and cardio is only done once. So with my new routine I will be doing a little bit more cardio.

Mondays: Core(Pilates and Abs class) and the Bike
Tuesdays: Rest Day
Wednesdays: Legs; Shoulders and StairMaster
Thursdays : Back and Biceps and Treadmill
Fridays: Chest and Triceps and Elliptical
Saturdays: Rest Day
Sunday: Treadmill

The other big thing with loosing weight and getting healthy is your diet. You need to pin point what your food issue is and go from there. I for one, eat to many carbs and salt. So with this new healthy lifestyle I will be minimizing what I am eating. I AM NOT DOING A KETO DIET. I feel the need to express that because if you are lifting weights you HAVE to eat carbs. Carbs break down into sugars which give you energy when you are lifting. Currently, I am eating the wrong kind of carbs. I am eating things like white pasta, white bread, and four tortillas. I need to change it to whole grains and not eat so many of them.
So yesterday I called my brother and gave him all of the junk food in the house. He took all our frozen food, all the candy and cookies, the flour tortillas, white pasta, and bread. We now have a house full of fruits and vegetables. I have also switched out our bread for whole grain, our flour tortillas for corn, and we now have organic strawberry Popsicle in the freezer is we NEED something sweet.
I have Also started meal planning for the week. If you head over to my instagram you can see what I am cooking at my house. I am going to start posting what I am making each day and what we thought about it. Tonight I am making a sweet potato turkey skillet. My goal is to make a meal for four that way Thad and I can have the leftovers the next day.  We will also be calorie counting.

So wish us luck and I will check back in next week///11









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Re-Introduction to the Blogging World